Learning Technology Support and Training
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) works with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) to provide support and training for T-Square, Georgia Tech's current learning management system, and the TurningPoint student response system (AKA clickers). Please visit the following web pages for more information about the support and training:
Learning Technology Services
CTL works with faculty, postdoctoral scholars, TAs, and graduate student instructors to explore how to effectively integrate technologies into teaching and learning. Our learning technology specialists are available to assist individual or groups of instructors to develop a plan for successful integration of technology into their teaching. This may include the following assistance:
- Consultations: We provide consultation on finding the best types and uses of technology to fit your particular teaching need. We also consult with faculty about technical aspects of an educational research project or an educational grant.
- Course design or re-design: We offer assistance with designing and developing a new course, or re-designing an existing course by incorporating technologies to improve learning outcomes in various learning environments.
- Digital course content development: We work with instructors to develop interactive digital course materials.
- Technology implementation and evaluation: Whether you are interested in implementing technologies in teaching or a research project, we work with you to experiment with these technologies under the guidance of best practices, and assess their impact on student learning.
- Workshops/Seminars/Conversations: When you hear about some new technology, it is not always clear how it might be used to support student learning. We provide you with these opportunities to gather with your colleagues, who might or might not have used the technology, to explore how to use it creatively and effectively. If you have a topic you are interested in learning about, or would like to share your experiences, please contact Chaohua Ou, Assistant Director of Learning and Technology Initiatives.
If you are interested in any of the learning technology services listed above, or if you have any questions about our learning technology initiatives, please feel free to contact Chaohua Ou.